Our mission statement outlines the key values which underpin our school. This statement helps us to strive to achieve our best everyday:
- To conduct all parts of school life in the recognition of the love of God our Father, and through a dedication to St. Theresa.
- To expect the highest quality of personal relationships in partnerships with parents, positively promoting respect, tolerance and a consideration of the feelings of others.
- To create an effective, shared and valued system of whole school development, which addresses the needs of children and staff alike.
- To provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, appropriate to the needs of each child, which fulfils the legal requirements of the Education Reform Act.
- To meet the needs of each child through a well-organised and structured planning process within a secure, happy and attractive learning environment.
- To encourage the children to make creative and imaginative responses and to promote originality.
- To empower the children to become conscious decision-makers, aware of their own talents, abilities and the contribution they can make subsequently to the quality of their own lives and the benefit of the community.
- To provide a high quality of resources to support stimulating learning opportunities, rich in first hand experience.
- To provide for, and prepare the children to use, a broad range of leisure and
- To foster a strong feeling of pride for ourselves, our work, our school, parish and community, as we strive for excellence.
- To build on our strong links with the parishes in fully supporting the Sacramental Programme and the children’s development in faith.
- To be committed to Equal Entitlement providing the same opportunities for all regardless of race, gender and disability.
These Aims were written during consultation with staff, governors and parents.